In addition, explicit focus on architecture has shown tremendous potential to improve the current state-of-the-art in software development and alleviate many of its problems.
The Graduate Certificate in Software Architecture exposes students to the concepts, principles, and state-of-the-art methods in software architectures; introduces principles and approaches for modeling systems using SysML; applies software engineering process models and management approaches for design and architecture of large software systems; and guides the architect through every phase of the conception, implementation, deployment, and finally systems retirement.
If students are later admitted to the MS in Computer Science, the courses taken for the certificate may be applied toward that degree.
The Department of Computer Science also offers the following Master of Science in Computer Science degree program concentrations:
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in CS – Artificial Intelligence (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – Computer Security
- MS in CS – Computer Networks (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – Data Science
- MS in CS – Game Development (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – High Performance Computing and Simulation (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – Intelligent Robotics (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – Multimedia and Creative Technologies (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – Software Engineering
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in engineering, math or hard science, but a limited background in computer science should consider the below program:
- MS in CS – Scientists and Engineers
In addition, the Department of Computer Science is home to the following data science graduate program concentrations:
- MS in Applied Data Science
- MS in Communication Data Science (On-campus only)
- MS in Cyber Security Engineering
- MS in Environmental Data Science (On-campus only)
- MS in Healthcare Data Science (On-campus only)
- MS in Public Policy Data Science (On-campus only)
- MS in Spatial Data Science (On-campus only)
- Graduate Certificate in Big Data Fundamentals (On-campus only)
For a complete list of graduate programs offered online in the USC Viterbi School of Engineering, please visit the DEN@Viterbi Program Offerings.
A variety of career opportunities exist, but primarily in the areas of:
- Aerospace and Defense
- Computer Programming
- Software Design
- Computer Simulation
- Information Technology
- Consulting Firms
Earn your Graduate Certificate in Software Architecture online via DEN@Viterbi. Request information today.
Same Faculty. Same Program. Same Degree.
DEN@Viterbi strives to meet the needs of engineering professionals, providing the opportunity to advance your education while maintaining your career and other commitments. By breaking down geographical and scheduling barriers, DEN@Viterbi allows you to take your classes anytime and anywhere.
DEN@Viterbi students undergo the same academic requirements, curriculum, and must adhere to the same academic standards as on-campus students; therefore, your diploma is ultimately issued by the University of Southern California. There is no difference between remote students and on-campus students.