It is also for individuals who are in degree programs or job fields that have some responsibility with information security and desire enhanced knowledge and skills.
The degree focuses on the fundamentals of developing, engineering and operating secure information systems.
Students will be well versed in the challenges and problems of secure operating systems, secure applications, secure networking, use of cryptography and key management. They will understand how to develop a security policy and how policy drives technological decisions.
The MS in Cyber Security Engineering provides students with the necessary knowledge and skills to administer environments which require high levels of information security, both from the standpoint of the principles of information protection and the role and application technology has in meeting the goal of information protection.
Students will have hands-on experience in situations that simulate real world scenarios with all technical and theoretical situations through extensive laboratory work, which are designed by current and former information security practitioners.
The Department of Computer Science also offers the following computer science degree program concentrations:
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in CS – Artificial Intelligence (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – Computer Security
- MS in CS – Computer Networks (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – Data Science
- MS in CS – Game Development (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – High Performance Computing and Simulation (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – Intelligent Robotics (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – Multimedia and Creative Technologies (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – Software Engineering
- Graduate Certificate in Software Architecture
In addition, the Department of Computer Science is home to the following Data Science graduate program concentrations:
- MS in Applied Data Science
- MS in Communication Data Science (On-campus only)
- MS in Environmental Data Science (On-campus only)
- MS in Healthcare Data Science (On-campus only)
- MS in Public Policy Data Science (On-campus only)
- MS in Spatial Data Science (On-campus only)
For a complete list of graduate programs offered online in the USC Viterbi School of Engineering, please visit the DEN@Viterbi Program Offerings.
A variety of career opportunities exist, but primarily in the areas of:
- Homeland Security
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Software Engineering
- Information Security
- Computer Systems
- Software Development
- Computer Architecture
- Network Administration
- Intelligence Analysis
Earn your Master of Science in Cyber Security Engineering online via DEN@Viterbi. Request information now.
Same Faculty. Same Program. Same Degree.
DEN@Viterbi strives to meet the needs of engineering professionals, providing the opportunity to advance your education while maintaining your career and other commitments. By breaking down geographical and scheduling barriers, DEN@Viterbi allows you to take your classes anytime and anywhere.
DEN@Viterbi students undergo the same academic requirements, curriculum, and must adhere to the same academic standards as on-campus students; therefore, your diploma is ultimately issued by the University of Southern California. There is no difference between remote students and on-campus students.