Students are provided a deep understanding of both fundamentals and important current issues in computer science and computer engineering so that they may either obtain productive employment or pursue advanced degrees.
The Master of Science in Computer Science program requires the student to take a broad spectrum of courses, while simultaneously allowing for emphasis in desired areas of specialization.
The Department of Computer Science also offers the following Master of Science in Computer Science degree program concentrations:
- MS in CS – Artificial Intelligence (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – Computer Networks (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – Computer Security
- MS in CS – Data Science
- MS in CS – Game Development (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – High Performance Computing and Simulation (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – Intelligent Robotics (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – Multimedia and Creative Technologies (On-campus only)
- MS in CS – Software Engineering
- Graduate Certificate in Software Architecture
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in engineering, math, or hard science, but a limited background in computer science should consider the below program:
- MS in CS – Scientists and Engineers
In addition, the Department of Computer Science is home to the following Data Science graduate program concentrations:
- MS in Applied Data Science
- MS in Communication Data Science (On-campus only)
- MS in Cyber Security Engineering
- MS in Environmental Data Science (On-campus only)
- MS in Healthcare Data Science (On-campus only)
- MS in Public Policy Data Science (On-campus only)
- MS in Spatial Data Science (On-campus only)
- Graduate Certificate in Big Data Fundamentals (On-campus only)
For a complete list of graduate programs offered online in the USC Viterbi School of Engineering, please visit the DEN@Viterbi Program Offerings.
A variety of career opportunities exist, but primarily in the areas of:
- Aerospace and Defense
- Computer Programming
- Software Design
- Computer Simulation
- Information Technology
- Consulting Firms
Earn your Master of Science in Computer Science online via DEN@Viterbi. Request information today.
Same Faculty. Same Program. Same Degree.
DEN@Viterbi strives to meet the needs of engineering professionals, providing the opportunity to advance your education while maintaining your career and other commitments. By breaking down geographical and scheduling barriers, DEN@Viterbi allows you to take your classes anytime and anywhere.
DEN@Viterbi students undergo the same academic requirements, curriculum, and must adhere to the same academic standards as on-campus students; therefore, your diploma is ultimately issued by the University of Southern California. There is no difference between remote students and on-campus students.