Emphasis is placed on response predictions or computations for these structures and their constituent materials (e.g., steel, reinforced concrete, and composites). Graduates of the program learn the nature of these loadings, both static and dynamic, with implications being drawn for design.
The Sonny Astani Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering also offers the following degree concentrations:
- MS in Civil Engineering (On-campus only)
- MS in CE-Advanced Design and Construction Technology (On-campus only)
- MS in CE-Construction Engineering
- MS in CE-Transportation Engineering (On-campus only)
- MS in CE-Transportation Systems (On-campus only)
- MS in CE-Water and Waste Management (On-campus only)
- Master of Construction Management
- MS in Environmental Engineering (On-campus only)
- MS in Transportation Systems Management (On-campus only)
- Graduate Certificate in Transportation Systems (On-campus only)
For a complete list of graduate programs offered online in the USC Viterbi School of Engineering, please visit the DEN@Viterbi Program Offerings.
A variety of career opportunities exist, but primarily in the areas of:
- Construction Design
- Building Maintenance
- Project Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Project Planning
Earn your Master of Science in Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering) online via DEN@Viterbi. Request information today.
Same Faculty. Same Program. Same Degree.
DEN@Viterbi strives to meet the needs of engineering professionals, providing the opportunity to advance your education while maintaining your career and other commitments. By breaking down geographical and scheduling barriers, DEN@Viterbi allows you to take your classes anytime and anywhere.
DEN@Viterbi students undergo the same academic requirements, curriculum, and must adhere to the same academic standards as on-campus students; therefore, your diploma is ultimately issued by the University of Southern California. There is no difference between remote students and on-campus students.