This degree is designed for students with sufficiently quantitative bachelor’s degrees in engineering, the sciences or applied social science who are interested in operations management and health care applications, and whose career objectives lead to increasing technical management responsibilities in large health care organizations, particularly hospitals.
The MS in Health Systems Management Engineering prepares students to tackle important issues within the health care industry by increasing their knowledge and skills in:
- Health care information systems
- Quality management
- Safety operations
- Health care project management
- Hospital efficiency improvement
The Daniel J. Epstein Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering also offers the following related graduate program concentrations and dual degree programs:
- MS in Analytics (On-campus only)
- MS in Engineering Management
- MS in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- MS in Manufacturing Engineering (On-campus only)
- MS in Operations Research Engineering
- MS in Product Development Engineering
- Graduate Certificate in Health Systems Operations (On-campus only)
- Graduate Certificate in Network Centric Systems (On-campus only)
- Dual Degree: MS in Aerospace Engineering/MS in Engineering Management
- Dual Degree: MS in Electrical Engineering/MS in Engineering Management
- Dual Degree: MS in Mechanical Engineering/MS in Engineering Management
- Dual Degree: MS in Petroleum Engineering /MS in Engineering Management
- Dual Degree: MS in Industrial and Systems Engineering/MBA (On-campus only)
For a complete list of graduate programs offered online in the USC Viterbi School of Engineering, please visit the DEN@Viterbi Program Offerings.
A variety of career opportunities exist, but primarily in the areas of:
- Aerospace and Defense
- Health care
- Systems Engineering
- Supply Chain
- Warehouse and Distribution Facilities
- Transportation Systems
- Information Technology
- Consulting Firms
Earn your Master of Science in Health Systems Management Engineering online via DEN@Viterbi. Request information today.
Same Faculty. Same Program. Same Degree.
DEN@Viterbi strives to meet the needs of engineering professionals, providing the opportunity to advance your education while maintaining your career and other commitments. By breaking down geographical and scheduling barriers, DEN@Viterbi allows you to take your classes anytime and anywhere.
DEN@Viterbi students undergo the same academic requirements, curriculum, and must adhere to the same academic standards as on-campus students; therefore, your diploma is ultimately issued by the University of Southern California. There is no difference between remote students and on-campus students.