The MS in Operations Research Engineering trains students in solving business problems with computers and mathematics.
This program must include no less than 21 units of Industrial and Systems Engineering courses related to operations research and 9 units of approved electives. Students will be required to make up deficiencies in mathematics and statistics.
Additional courses or examinations may be required at the discretion of the department before full admission to the program.
The Daniel J. Epstein Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering also offers the following related graduate program concentrations and dual degree programs:
- MS in Analytics (On-campus only)
- MS in Engineering Management
- MS in Health Systems Management Engineering
- MS in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- MS in Manufacturing Engineering (On-campus only)
- MS in Product Development Engineering
- Graduate Certificate in Health Systems Operations (On-campus only)
- Graduate Certificate in Network Centric Systems (On-campus only)
- Dual Degree: MS in Aerospace Engineering/MS in Engineering Management
- Dual Degree: MS in Electrical Engineering/MS in Engineering Management
- Dual Degree: MS in Mechanical Engineering/MS in Engineering Management
- Dual Degree: MS in Petroleum Engineering/MS in Engineering Management
- Dual Degree: MS in Industrial and Systems Engineering/MBA (On-campus only)
For a complete list of graduate programs offered online in the USC Viterbi School of Engineering, please visit the DEN@Viterbi Program Offerings.
A variety of career opportunities exist, but primarily in the areas of:
- Aerospace and Defense
- Health Care
- Systems Engineering
- Supply Chain
- Project Development Agencies
- Information Systems
- Accounting and Finance
- Warehouse and Distribution Facilities
- Transportation Systems
- Information Technology
- Consulting Firms
Earn your Master of Science in Operations Research Engineering online via DEN@Viterbi. Request information today.
Same Faculty. Same Program. Same Degree.
DEN@Viterbi strives to meet the needs of engineering professionals, providing the opportunity to advance your education while maintaining your career and other commitments. By breaking down geographical and scheduling barriers, DEN@Viterbi allows you to take your classes anytime and anywhere.
DEN@Viterbi students undergo the same academic requirements, curriculum, and must adhere to the same academic standards as on-campus students; therefore, your diploma is ultimately issued by the University of Southern California. There is no difference between remote students and on-campus students.