Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism
USC Bovard College
The Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism program will prepare students to advance their careers in the hospitality and tourism industry. Students will gain knowledge and skills related to service quality management, marketing, revenue management, human resource management, events, and tourism development in the hospitality and tourism industry. Courses throughout the program address topics such as globalization, diversity, and innovations in a variety of hospitality and tourism sectors. Sustainability and ethical practices are core themes explored throughout the program.
Our program also equips students with skills and knowledge to lead and innovate through disruption. Students will be prepared to take on industry changes as they progress through their career.
Additionally, students will learn how to make evidence-based decisions and plans for improvement through courses in financial management, data analytics, and applied research methods specific to the hospitality and tourism industry. The program culminates in a capstone course where students directly apply the knowledge and skills they gained throughout the program to address an opportunity for innovation within a hospitality and tourism business or organizational unit.
- HT500: Global Hospitality and Tourism
- HT505: Managing Service Quality in Hospitality and Tourism
- HT510: Marketing Strategies for Hospitality and Tourism
- HT515: Financial Management in Hospitality and Tourism
- HT520: Revenue Management for Hospitality and Tourism
- HT525: Ethics in Hospitality and Tourism
- HT530: Strategic Human Resources in Hospitality and Tourism
- HT535: Applied Research Methods for Hospitality and Tourism
- HT540: Hospitality and Tourism Data Analytics
- HT545: Tourism Development
- HT550: Hospitality and Tourism Events
- HT555: Hospitality and Tourism Capstone