Master of Science in Project Management
USC Bovard College
The Master of Science in Project Management program is designed to prepare professionals to advance their careers in the field of project management (PM). This program emphasizes the strategic role that project management plays in the performance of global organizations, providing students with the knowledge and skills needed to be effective leaders.
In addition to core PM principles, students explore the full spectrum of project management concepts and methodologies, including portfolio and program management, technical project delivery, agile, and change management. Students will learn about business relationship elements, including effective communication, negotiation, organizational culture, and conflict resolution. Essential management processes such as performance, quality, risk, cost, and budget are also examined and applied to real-world projects. The program encourages immediate application of key concepts learned to address workplace challenges and opportunities.
Finally, students will explore practical topics that are increasingly important to PM, including managing in a global context, ethical and principled leadership, and social responsibility.
- PJMT500 Principles of Project Management
- PJMT505 Requirements Elicitation and Business Analysis
- PJMT510 Schedule Management
- PJMT515 Cost Estimation and Forecasting
- PJMT520 Risk Management
- PJMT525 Agile Project Management Methodologies
- PJMT530 Quality and Process Improvement
- PJMT535 Specialized Project Management
- PJMT540 Organizational Change Management and Business Relationships
- PJMT545 Program Management
- PJMT550 Portfolio Management
- PJMT555 Project Management Capstone
TOTAL: 24 units
To see our MS in Project Management faculty, click here.