Executive Master of Urban Planning
The University of Southern California’s Sol Price School of Public Policy is ranked No. 1 for urban policy by U.S. News & World Report for 2019.
USC Price’s accelerated online Executive Master of Urban Planning program directly bridges the gap between urban planning goals and the objectives and constraints of effective real estate development. The urban planning graduate program is tailored for experienced professionals who know that cities are our greatest challenge and opportunity.
The online Executive Master of Urban Planning is a 24-unit curriculum designed with significant input from the practice community and includes myriad outreach opportunities throughout. As a graduate from our urban planning master’s program, you will emerge with advanced knowledge in four main areas:
- project and land economics
- political, legal, and regulatory process and stakeholder outreach
- data analysis, visualization and communication
- urban design and the built environment
Our program is tailored so that professionals from outside the planning field can emerge with expertise that matches their peers in this space. It is also a good fit for professional planners who would like to build the expertise to advance and become leaders in the public, non-profit, or private sectors.
Our coursework will equip you with hands-on skills you can use on the job, including the ability to:
- navigate between public and private sector planning goals and innovate at the nexus of local public finance, private sector development and urban policy
- understand and analyze the economics of urban planning and development projects
- leverage available commercial and demographic data to improve decision-making
- lead a team in the industry effectively
Student Services for Enrolled Students
The USC Sol Price School of Public Policy’s online Executive Master of Urban Planning program allows you to advance your education — with USC Price’s on-campus quality — from anywhere. This includes live classes, two in-person intensives designed to integrate with a busy schedule, continuous technical and career support and an on-campus graduation ceremony. Our program also offers students Global Access to WeWork locations.