Master of Science in Applied Psychology
USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
The online Master of Science in Applied Psychology is a 16-month program designed to help working professionals advance their careers in applied fields where they can combine psychology and business interests.
The program curriculum is at the intersection of psychology theory, research and practice in business settings. We offer concentrations in both Organizational Psychology and Consumer Psychology, both of which are central to the crucial missions of successfully managing a workforce and marketing services in the increasingly global marketplace.
The diversity in our program assures you will be challenged by your peers as well as by your instructors. Faculty members have been practicing senior-level executives in their fields, and students in the program have come from many areas of the United States as well as other countries. In small classes, you will be working in groups, discussing your ideas and conducting professional-level projects. In short, the real-world education and individualized support you will receive by joining us at USC can help you find or re-focus your career passion.
• Employee Relations
• Human Capital Management
• Market Research
• Public Relations
• Placement Services
• Career Counseling
• Event Planning
• Advancement and Development
• Talent Development
• Social Media Communications
• Proseminar in Human Behavior: Foundation (4)
• Proseminar in Human Behavior: Application (4)
• Research Methods in Applied Social Psychology (4)
• Principles of Consumer Psychology (4)
• Organizational Psychology (4)
Consumer Psychology Concentration Electives
(Choose 8 Units)*
• Marketing and Organizational Analytics (4)
• Psychology of Interactive Media (4)
• Decision Analysis and Behavioral Decision Theory (4)
Organizational Psychology Concentration Electives
(Choose 8 Units)*
• Strategic Business Relationships (4)
• Psychology of Organizational Change (4)
• Group Dynamics and Leadership (4)
• Internship (variable)
• Treatise (2)
Total: 34 units*
*Student chooses 8 units of electives from either the Organizational Psychology concentration or Consumer Psychology concentration. Students may also select courses from either concentration to meet their respective professional goals. Course offerings subject to change.
Instructional Services for Enrolled Students
Professional academic and career advisement is offered through program faculty, staff and guest speakers.