Topics covered include PACS application servers; digital-based tele-consultation with medical images; PACS-based CAD, informatics infrastructure of micro CT, MR and PET; PACS simulator, image security in HIPAA environments, bone age assessment from a hand digital atlas; homeland defense strategies; medical simulation and modeling; data grid for image data disaster recovery; Cyberknife information system for brain tumor treatment, DICOM-based radiotherapy information system and much more.
The Department of Biomedical Engineering also offers the following program concentrations:
- MS in Biomedical Engineering (BME)
- MS in BME-Biomedical Data Analytics (On-campus only)
- MS in Medical Device and Diagnostic Engineering
For a complete list of graduate programs offered online in the USC Viterbi School of Engineering, please visit the DEN@Viterbi Program Offerings.
A variety of career opportunities exist, but primarily in the areas of:
- Medical imaging and health information industry
- Military health care system
- General health care industry including hospital enterprise, HMO, and private enterprise. The MSBME program is also suitable for you if you intend to continue in graduate school or medical school.
- Health care entrepreneur
- Medical school
Earn your Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering (Medical Imaging and Imaging Informatics) online via DEN@Viterbi. Request information today.
Same Faculty. Same Program. Same Degree.
DEN@Viterbi strives to meet the needs of engineering professionals, providing the opportunity to advance your education while maintaining your career and other commitments. By breaking down geographical and scheduling barriers, DEN@Viterbi allows you to take your classes anytime and anywhere.
DEN@Viterbi students undergo the same academic requirements, curriculum, and must adhere to the same academic standards as on-campus students; therefore, your diploma is ultimately issued by the University of Southern California. There is no difference between remote students and on-campus students.