Post-Professional Master of Occupational Therapy
Introducing the Post-Professional Online Master of Arts in Occupational Therapy, the first online degree program offered by the USC Mrs. T.H. Chan Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy!
Earn your post-professional master’s degree in occupational therapy by combining the quality and excellence of a USC education with the convenience and flexibility of an online format. Because our Post-Professional Online Master’s degree program is delivered 100% online, there are no on-campus attendance requirements in order for students to graduate.
Our Online Post-Professional Master’s program is available globally and uses the same curriculum as our On-Campus Post-Professional Master’s program. Theses degree programs are designed for occupational therapists who have graduated from a baccalaureate degree program in occupational therapy with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 from an accredited college or university or World Federation of Occupational Therapy® (WFOT) approved program. If you have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline other than occupational therapy, please see information about our entry-level master’s
Part-Time Enrollment with a Spring start (note that the program can be started in any semester and courses will be offered in this rotation):
Spring Semester 1
- OT 518 Quantitative Research for Evidence-Based Practice (4 units)
- OT 545 Advanced Seminar in Occupational Science (2 units)
Summer Semester 1
- OT 583 Current Applications of Lifestyle Redesign® (4 units)
Fall Semester 1
- OT 525 Qualitative Research for Evidence-Based Practice (4 units)
- OT 534 Health Promotion and Wellness (2 units)
Spring Semester 2
- OT 515 Neuroscience of Behavior (4 units)
- OT 538 Current Issues in Practice: Adulthood and Aging (2 units)
Summer Semester 2
- OT 564 Sensory Integration (4 units)
Fall Semester 2
- OT 540 Leadership Capstone (2 units)
- OT 579 Occupational Therapy in Adult Neurorehabilitation (4 units)
Instructional Services for Students:
Students are supported throughout the admissions and enrollment processes as well as during their time in the program. Each student will complete an orientation to better understand the features of the online platform including how to access assignments, discussion boards, and virtual classrooms. Students have access to virtual office hours with faculty and teaching assistants to receive additional support and mentorship.